One of its kind, Chichiri honey is a rare Himachali wild honey variety that is made at a high altitude of approximately 8000ft. It is produced mainly in the Chamba valley of Himachal Pradesh.
Widely known as Indian Borage honey and locally called Chichiri, it stems from Plectranthus rugosus flowers, locally known as Chichiri, and is extracted from the indigenous honey bees.
With a precarious floral taste and a soft texture, this honey has a strong aroma and a clear to pale color. It consolidates in cold weather conditions. This honey is unpasteurized and unprocessed and is micro-filtered through traditional means to protect the natural flower pollen. It is raw, pure, and has no added preservatives.
The Nutritional Value of Chichiri Honey
Chichiri honey contains amino acids, calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and hydrogen peroxide and low pH levels. Here is the Nutritional Value of 100g of Chichiri Honey:
Vitamin C 0.5mg
Dietary fiber 0.2g
With the goodness of so many nutrients and vitamins, Chichiri honey contains a wealth of health benefits.
Health Benefits of Chichiri Honey
Chichiri honey is rich in antioxidants and is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and has antimicrobial properties. The low pH level of this honey makes it anti-bacterial.
Borage is a wildflower with medicinal properties widely used in traditional and modern medicines. Due to its unpasteurized and raw nature, this honey contains more health benefits than regular honey.
- Chichiri honey is very beneficial for curing respiratory diseases like asthma.
- The presence of antibacterial agents gives wound healing properties to Chichiri honey.
- It does not let yeast or bacteria thrive.
- Some research claims that it also has anti-cancer properties.
- It is rich in antioxidants which reduce the risks of chronic diseases. It reduces oxidative stress by scouring free radicals in the body.
- Chichiri honey is famous for treating colds and coughs. No matter how bad your cough is, Chichiri honey is the cure.
- This honey is also soothing in period cramps. Going through a bad premenstrual syndrome, just take a spoon or two of Chichiri honey.
- Chichiri honey also helps in regulating blood pressure and blood sugar.
- It also acts as a great immunity booster and makes your immune system healthy.
- It is used to treat mental disorders like depression and insomnia. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties benefit the brain.
- It is suitable for diabetes as it contains low sugar levels.
- Some studies indicate it helps cure diarrhoea.
Different Ways to Consume Chichiri Honey
Typically you can consume the Chichiri honey raw so that your body can reap all the raw goodness of this honey. But there are more than known ways to use it, like you can use it as a morning immunity booster drink, or you can use it as a substitute for sugar in your tea or coffee.
You can smear it on your roti or bread. It can also be used to dress various desserts and baked goods.
Apart from consuming it orally, you can also use it as a face and hair mask or scrub.
You can also use it to make candies for your children and keep their sweet cravings in check.
The Bottom line
Buy Chichiri honey online from Pahadi Hub to get the best quality. You can have it delivered to your home at a reasonable price. Incorporating Chichiri honey in your diet can save you from various diseases and keep you healthy and fit.